Monday, April 18, 2011

Bits & Pieces

I have tried with many unsuccessful attempts to create a budget. Whether it be weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly, never fails, something comes up. Of course we have our regular bills, which I have reduced down. Who really needs all those channels? And all those features on your phone? Not really needed. We have cut down on eating out--also helps our diet. Reduced unneeded driving trips at times, and of course, use coupons whenever possible.

There is something therapeutic about clipping coupons. Keeps me busy, and also then I know that it will in the long run save my family money. And it gives me my shopping fix. And it has taught me alot of organization skills that I never thought I had, and has also introduced me to alot of different people!

So, on that note, here are some pictures from recent shopping trips, and all the price details.
 London Drugs:
12 Tubes Toothpaste, 1 Litre Listerine (Price matched first), 6 Olay Body Wash. Cost: $6 Saved: $62
1 Litre Listerine (price matched), 12 Toothpaste, 6 Deodorant, 3 Old Spice Shower Gel, 6 Olay Body Wash. Cost: $7. Saved: $110.00
2 tubs baby wipes and 2-40 packs of size 6 diapers (price matched Sobeys). Paid: $9.76 Saved: $50
3 Body Wash & 3 Deodorant Cost: FREE Savings: $30!!!!
Walmart:
8 Olay Travel Size Hand Lotion Cost: Free Savings: $12.56 + overage of $7.44 credit applied to bill!
Real Canadian Superstore:
12 packs of Ziploc containers (combined store and manufacturer coupons) Cost: $3 Savings: $36
 If you are looking for store specific coupon policies, go to Mrs. January's nicely compiled list. I strongly suggest printing off copies and taking them with you to the store to avoid nasty cashier issues!

Until next time, happy clipping!!!

No comments: